All relationships go through ups and downs.
You just can’t get enough of each other in the beginning. However, things can grow boring after a while. It does not automatically mean ending the relationship. Still, that means you’ll have to work even harder on.
The thought of losing your relationship is extremely terrifying. It can be very daunting. You might try not to think about it but it doesn’t work.
Eventually, the relationship issues catch up. If that’s the case, then you have to do something about it.
Therefore, right off, here are the most frequent signs the relationship is over:
They’ve changed as a person. You may have changed too. Are you clinging to memories of who they used to be with you?
2. You are breaking up all the time, even about the silliest stuff.
Breaking up again and again, and then expecting it to work, is just plain dumb. No need to drag the inevitable out.
3. You’re not spending as much time together as you used to.
4. You don’t trust each other. You accuse each other of all kinds of downright dirty activity.
Trust is the foundation of a healthy relationship. This doesn’t necessarily mean your partner is having an affair.
5. You don’t support each other the way you used to, or ask for advice. It can sound like you don’t really know what’s going on in their lives.
6. A lot of the time you are feeling unhappy.
7. One of you has cheated.
8. You talk to your friends more than you talk to your partner.
Your partner should be your best friend. You should be able to talk to your partner about anything. You shouldn’t fear that you will be judged, ignored or made fun of.
9. Conflicts will continue for days. Sometimes you forget each other for a long time.
10. You are living as roommates, rather than a couple.
You are busy with work, the kids, and the house. Life just begins to take over. Sure, there is food in the fridge, but when was the last time you spent quality time together as a couple?
11. You have nothing to fight about.
You stop the fighting when you stop thinking for your partner. You learn a lot about your relationship when you have a disagreement and you are able to settle it. When done, it will actually help to build stability in the relationship, with respect.
12. Your sex life is lacking.
Though sex may not always equal intimacy, it’s a way for couples to show their affection and desire for one another.
If sex doesn’t happen, it may be a indication that the couple is uncomfortable being intimate with each other, either because of a lack of sexual pleasure or because they don’t feel emotionally linked to each other.
The fact that you are reading this post wondering if its time to break up. Whether you’ve been together for a long time or are dating, therapy for couples can be worthwhile. This will help you see how you can work through your problems and learn how to effectively connect. It could just be time to admit, though, that your relationship is over.
You might also know that this is the right answer after you’ve let go and had time away from them. Old habits can die hard, but if this is a ‘ toxic ‘ relationship you will do everything you can to avoid history repeating itself.