Should I keep my groceries outside for days?
Should I sanitize packaged foods and containers all the time?
Maybe these are some of the questions you have in mind that makes you paranoid.
Yes, it’s a valid concern considering all of the hands that have touched those things before they get into your house.
However, it’s still not good for your health to be obsessively anxious.
And it goes without saying that we shouldn’t be complacent too.
We still need to take extra precautions.
Here’s a good news.
When it comes to concerns about coronavirus transmission through food and packaging, it is a low risk.
Still, the biggest probability is coming into close contact with another person who’s sick.
So you probably don’t need to do more than what’s usually recommended to safely sanitize surfaces and prepare food.
What precautions do you really need?
In the supermarket:
* Assume all surfaces everywhere including produce and packaged foods have been touched by someone who is sick
* Stay at least 6 feet from other people at all times
* Do not be afraid to ask others to step back if they are too close to you in line
* Wait a few moments to grab something if others are already by the item you want.
* Touch only just the items you intend to buy
* Wipe down the cart or basket handles with disinfectant wipes
* Avoid touching your face
* Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you’re done
When you arrive home:
* Wash your hands thoroughly
* Spray or wipe down the outside of reusable bags
* You don’t need to wash your produce with soapy water. Rinsing those with running water will do the trick
* Transfer all your food into a clean food container and then wash your hands again
* Wipe down all the things you’ve brought outside too
* Take a bath too and carefully take off your clothes and put it in the laundry right away
The content provided in this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or the completeness of any information of this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries or any damages from the display or use of this information.