Anonymous, a well-known hacktivist group, has issued a statement through an affiliated Twitter account, @YourAnonCentral, warning the public about TikTok’s security threats.
“Delete TikTok now; if you know someone that is using it explain to them it is essentially malware operated by the Chinese government running a massive spying operation.” – YourAnonCentral via Twitter
A screenshot of the Reddit post was presented which claimed that the app had been redesigned and provided the data collected by TikTok from its users.
- Phone hardware (including CPU Type, number of course, hardware IDs, screen dimensions, DPI, memory usage, disk space, etc.)
- Other apps installed on the device (including deleted apps)
- Network-related information (such as IP, local IP, router MAC, your MAC, WiFi access point name)
- Whether the device is rooted/jailbroken
- GPS pinging every 30 seconds
- And a local proxy server on your device for transcoding media
But this isn’t the only story here, because Anonymous has also been faked on the app, as a fake account has been set up.
“Anonymous has no TikTok account” and that the app is “created as spyware by the Chinese government.” – Anonymous
TikTok has not yet commented on the accusation. Furthermore, there is still no confirmation as to the authenticity of the Reddit post.
DisclaimerThe content provided in this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or the completeness of any information of this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries or any damages from the display or use of this information.