Ngohiong Express is a Cebu-based fast food chain that sells half-cooked ngohiong and frozen siomai as presents (pasalubong) for their loved ones.
But, what is Ngohiong?
Ngohiong (pronounced “ngo-yong”) is a deep-fried, battered rice-paper roll filled with julienned singkamas (jicama) and/or ubod (actually, the heart of (coconut) palm, but it can also refer to bamboo shoots), ground pork, minced shrimp, garlic, and onions.
Salt, pepper, and, most importantly, Chinese five-spice powder are used as seasonings (which is made of star anise, cloves, cinnamon, Sichuan pepper, and fennel seeds). It’s Cebu’s version of lumpia (see more on this below). Chinese five-spice powder is also used in the starchy, spicy, sweet-and-sour dipping sauce.
This is authentic Cebuano street food that is affordable, filling, and readily available. It’s no surprise, then, that it’s a popular dish in Chinese restaurants and hawker stands near schools, offices, construction sites, markets, and retail centers.
Good to know:
This food pays tribute to Cebu’s strong ties to China’s Fujian region, which is home to many Chinese emigrants. The five-spice powder that gives fried ngohiong its characteristic flavor is referred to as ngohiong (or ngohiong-hun) in their language.
While non-Cebuanos may refer to this meal as lumpia (pronounced “loom-pya”), the Tagalog word for spring roll, it’s important to make clear that while ngohiong is a form of lumpia, not all lumpia are ngohiong.
Ngohiong Express Serve the most authentic ngohiong in Cebu and they also serve a range of street foods specials as well as all-day breakfast silog dishes, elevating tapsilog to new heights. Ngohiong Express strives to provide you with high-quality, low-cost meals.
Ngohiong Express also has a Food KIOSK Franchise Program called the Ngohiong Express Jr.
How to Franchise Ngohiong Express?
NGOHIONG EXPRESS JR.
Initial Investment: Php388,000.00
Ngohiong Express Jr. Franchise Inclusions:
- 20,000 worth of products
- 2 units Electric deep fryer
- Glass Display Steamer x 1
- Ngohiong Express Cart
- Stainless sink and grease box
- Panasonic Freezer w/Alu sheet 18,500x2units
- Red Glass showcase w/ Light
- Utensils / Initial Supplies
- Money Vault
- Uniform 12 sets
- Signages/ Menuboard
- Rice Cooker
- Pepsi Chiller
- Franchise 5 years use of name
- ( Manuals, Forms )
- Training of initial set of workers up to 3 sets
- Training of owner/ supervisors.
- Delivery and Set up of store
- FB Boost advertisement, company giveaways and 1 rim of flyers
- 5 cases Pepsi products opening support
Contact Details of Ngohiong Express:
For franchise inquiries, please send your letter of intent to email@example.com
Facebook Page (This link will open on a new window)
Telephone No. : (032) 262-5474
Ngohiong Express Franchising Fundamentals
The Advantages of Owning a Ngohiong Express Franchise
- There is high success rate due to its business model rather than starting from scratch.
- Ngohiong Express is a well-known brand or trademark that can help you achieve your goals.
- When establishing a well-known franchise like Ngohiong Express, financing from many sources can be easily obtained.
- When success formulas like low-cost materials, right placement, and good marketing strategies are followed, a franchisee can make a lot of money.
What factors should be considered when franchising Ngohiong Express
- Make sure you truly want to purchase this franchise and that it is the greatest fit for your business among the other options available.
- Make sure you can work well with the Ngohiong Express franchise and that it is in your best interests. A visit to one of the franchise stores will provide you with a better understanding of the operations and procedures.
- Examine the Terms & Conditions, Franchise Agreement, and what is included in the Ngohiong Express franchise.
- Check to see if the Ngohiong Express franchise will be compliant with local rules and regulations, as well as current legislation.
- One of the most important aspects of a successful Ngohiong Express franchise is the location. Examine the surrounding environment to see if your business fits in.
DisclaimerThe content provided in this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or the completeness of any information of this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries or any damages from the display or use of this information.